Engagement Photo Story

This photo is the one we sent out with our wedding announcements. There is a story behind this photo. My sister-in-law was taking our engagement pictures. We decided to go to a park with a small waterfall. It was very picturesque. We took a bunch of nicely posed pictures there. When we were leaving we drove passed and decided to stop at The Flower Fields, in Carlsbad. I wanted to see the flowers up close. The flowers that they plant are called Ranuculas. The plant rows and rows of the flowers on the hill, and they plant them by color. If you ever have the chance, you should go visit. It is very beautiful.
While we were there my sister-in-law said squat down by the flowers and I will take some pictures, so we did. I had taken off my shoes, because heals don't work to well in loose dirt. I was squatting with my dress hiked up to my mid thigh. Brian squatted down behind me, we smiled and Vicki snapped a few pictures; then we left.
This was in the days before instant digital photography. We had to wait a few hours for the picture to be developed so we would know if they had turned out. As we looked thru them, I was kind of disappointed. The pictures didn't seem very flattering to Brian or me. I was thinking, we are going to have to take more pictures, not very fun. Then we came to the pictures from the flower fields. They were great! We were very relieved that we had pictures we could use to send out with our announcements. We both looked great in the pictures.
This picture has always been a reminder that things aren't always as they seem. It wasn't very comfortable getting this picture taken. If you could see our legs you would laugh at how we were squatting. That is just how life is sometimes, we can't always see the big picture. Sometimes things are hard and uncomfortable, but they are going to turn out beautiful in the end. Sometimes we look at others and their lives seem perfect from the outside looking in. We can't always see the trials they are going thru. Brian and I have been married almost 20 years and there have been trials and hardships, but our lives are beautiful.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Did you get signed up? I did! It was pretty depressing getting on the scale yesterday. I haven't weighed this much for a few years, like after my last baby was born. Not that I didn't know I was gaining weight. I can't wear any of my jeans, except for the super stretchy ones. My bell has just grown. It is super uncomfortable. I have been avoiding doing my toe nails for that reason. Yesterday was a good day though. Exercise isn't ever a problem for me, I always do that. It is the eating that is usually a problem. I did it though. I kept to my calories! Every time I went to the bathroom (which was a lot) I knew that I was peeing that fat out!
This is a picture of my belly today. It is going to shrink! I am going to keep up with this program until I reach my goal weight, so you will be hearing lots from me about this. Next year I am going to Hawaii with my husband, and Jamberry is going to pay for it. I am super excited about it, and I am going to look good in my swimsuit!
The addiction I am giving up is diet coke/soda. I did this last year, and I lasted until out move to CA, and it has gotten bad again, so I am off the coke.
My 8 week goal is to follow my fly lady plan. I need to keep on top of my house! That is hard, when you would rather do other things. I did all my dishes last night. That was a start!

P.S. I know I look mad in this picture, I'm not mad, just looking down at the phone. As you can tell I am not good at taking selfies.

No comments:

Post a Comment